1. The latest beta packages have been released to the Google Code download section.
Features (apart from creating, editing, publishing, and deleting EAD finding aids):
- Public interface with faceted search results and facet-based OpenLayers mapping
- Linked data and geographic services: OAI-PMH feed, Solr-based Atom feed (embedded with geographic points) and search results in the form of KML
- Geonames, LCSH, VIAF APIs for geographic, subject term, personal, and corporate name controlled vocabulary
- Upload finding aids from the "wild" (if they adhere to EAD 2002).
- Interface for reordering and setting permissions of components
- Flickr API integration, attach flickr images as a daogrp
- Simple template controls for EAD finding aids
- Introduction of simple themes: select facet orientation on search page and from a selection of jQuery UI themes (theme controls will be enhanced over time)
2. There is a new documentation wiki: http://wiki.numismatics.org/eaditor:eaditor. Documenting EADitor will be a gradual process; I plan to devote several hours per week to the task. The wiki will include instructions for installation, use, and eventually, customization (including Fedora and DSpace integration).
Generic installation instructions can be found here. Ubuntu-specific instructions can also be found on the wiki.